Friday, July 20, 2012

Bra Reviews! Affinitas' Parfait Honey

Now, this is the same product line that the Charlotte came out of, and I'll be honest, I love the look of pretty much everything in Affinitas' Parfait line/division.  They're super pretty, come in  color, and are relatively affordable.  I may have found my brand here.

The Honey Molded Bra is also a plunge and it has the most adorable lace trim on the shoulder straps.

It looks like a butterfly!  Without all the legs! (If you want it.)

I wasn't sure if just the Charlotte ran small or if the brand in general did, so I took a chance and ordered a 32FF--in purple.  Do you know how rare a color purple is for big boobs?!  Usually you can find pink, most will throw in red, but purple?  Inconceivable!  They don't have a picture of it in purple at the link, but it's about the same shade as the color section box.

Unfortunately, it looks like the running small thing is a brand thing, not just the Charlotte, so the Honey didn't fit.  Both the band and the cup were too small, so I'm exchanging it for a 34FF.  I feel pretty confident that will fit, so I'm exchanging one of the others that didn't fit for a second Honey in ivory (I need something I can wear under light colored shirts).  Assuming those fit, I'll order a third and some panties and have a total of six sexy bras that hold up my melons.

PROS:
  • reasonable price ($48)
  • adorable trim!  Love the lacey straps, and the cup trim is even cooler in person
  • comes in red and purple
  • comes in purple
  • wide set shoulder straps ideal for more open necklines
  • wide size range
CONS:
  •  runs small, so I won't know until my exchange goes through if it's going to provide the support I need (I'm assuming it'll fit like Charlotte, so it should be okay)
  • lacey straps might show under clothes
  • no nude for wearing under white
CONCLUSION:  Yeah, I fell in love with this one a bit.  I feel pretty good about it, but must withhold judgement for now.  I will say, I might cry a little if the 34FF doesn't fit, or if it doesn't support me.  Also, as a bonus, they had a package deal going on where if you ordered two Affinitas bras (not sure if it's styles or straight quantity), you got a free pair of panties.  Not sure how long that's going on, but the freebie hot pink panties with lace trim may be amongst the most exciting underwear I own.

EDIT: My exchange just arrived, and the 34FF fits great!  The straps could be a bit longer, so if you're really tall in the shoulder you might want to skip this one (i.e. if on most bras you have the straps at full length, they won't be long enough).

No comments:

Post a Comment