Sunday, July 1, 2012

Bra Reviews! Freya Deco Underwire

Among the bras I recently tried was Freya's Deco Underwire Molded Plunge Bra.  Since I've had some band trouble, I decided to go with a 32FF.  Actually, I ordered four of the bras in this shipment in a 32FF.  My reasoning--while I technically measure at a 34G (US), I've actually measured at home and consistently run from 32.75in to 33.75in, depending on the time of the month.  This makes me a smallish 34, and most of the 34s I've tried on haven't provided support from the band (if I want a bra that supports with the straps, I'll keep my old ones and take more painkillers, thank you).  The cups usually fit okay in a 34G (US), so by going up a cup size, that should, theoretically, preserve the fit of the cup (although we've already seen this disproven once).  So, theoretically, the best new starting point would be a 32H (US) or a 32FF (UK).

 

Yeah...about that....  I'm starting to think the whole cup grading thing breaks down after G (US), because while the band fit nice and snug, I had major quadraboob.  I would probably need a 32G (UK).  It would probably fit then--there wasn't anything weird in the shape of the cups (like Wacoal.  I hate Wacoal.  I'll eventually make a post about why I hate Wacoal).

PROS:
  • Would be a nice t-shirt bra if it fit
  • the bows are cute
  • less than $75 ($60)
  • side coverage would have been decent in the proper size

CONS:
  • only two hooks.  I'm pretty sure a strap that's only wide enough for two hooks is not going to be up to the strain of holding UK F's+
  • larger cups sizes only come in nude, grey, and black.  No pretty red or purple for us
  • I don't want to pay $60 for a bra

CONCLUSION:  Not a bad little bra.  If I hadn't found something I liked better that fit, I'd muck about with the sizing on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment