Sunday, July 1, 2012

Bra Reviews! Chantelle Rive Gauche

So last November I discovered my band size had shrunk down to a 34, meaning I could no longer buy my bras from Lane Bryant (their smallest band size is a 36).  This hit me pretty hard, because I had really liked my full coverage Cacique bras--they were affordable, had a foam cup, gave good support, and came in a variety of colors. 

But, alas, no more.  So, I called up my mom for moral support and we went to Dillard's--they have the widest selection of sizes in town.  A wonderful and very patient salesgirl helped me try on almost every bra in the place, and we finally settled on Chantelle's Rive Gauche T shirt bra in  US 34G.

Photo courtesy of Her Room.

About four months later, they just weren't fitting right.  I'm not sure if they just stretched out, or my band size dropped like half an inch.  I went back and still measured a 34G, but they just didn't fit right.  Neither did anything else, so I said screw this, I'm going home.  Fast forward to June--the straps are now digging into my shoulders, causing a pretty good amount of pain.  I tried ordering it in a 32H--since the band was apparently too big, I went down a size.  The cups were still okay, so I went up one to preserve the size.  I'm not really sure what happened, but when the 32H (US) came in, the cups were far to small and I was spilling out all over the place.  It doesn't come in a cup larger than a US H, so I couldn't just go up another cup size (the band was pretty good).

As for the rest, here's a pro/con list:

PROS:
  • not a minimizer
  • comes in cup sizes up to a US H
  • lacey trim and contrasting stitching on straps make for an attractive bra
  • provided good support
  • provided good coverage (especially on the sides--I love a bra with side boning)
CONS:
  • [insert expletive of your choice] expensive--$76 is a bit high, but it was available locally
  • unless my body has morphed in a bizarre manner (which is possible), they either started to wear out way too fast for a $76 bra, or their sizing is inconsistent from batch to batch
  • doesn't come in a cup size higher than a US H
  • cup grading is inconsistent (a 32H and a 34G should have the same size cup)
  • only comes in two colors--nude and black 

CONCLUSION: Chantelle makes a pretty bra, and they know how to support a larger breast.  They're a bit expensive for what they are, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment