Sunday, July 1, 2012

Bra Reviews! Panache SuperBra Tango II

I'll be honest, I was disappointed when I pulled this one out of the box.  I'd heard some good things about Panache, and the SuperBra Tango II Underwire Balconette Bra looked like a good starting place for something that I could wear under a t shirt (I wear a 50/50 mix of  t shirts and button downs).



I ordered it in black in a 32FF.  Now, before we address the fitting issues, let me explain why I was disappointed.

Sheer cups. 

Every photo I could find of it makes it look pretty solid.  The specs did mention sheer sides and back fabric, but it's not unusual for a bra to have that and solid cups. 

I despise sheer cups. 

I think they are the ugliest thing possible in a bra, as well as most useless.  They don't cover your nipples at all, so if you get caught without a bra you can still see 'em, and if it gets cold, they stick out everywhere.  Sheer cups provide no additional support (a padded or foam cup helps a smidge), and they are almost always the absolute ugliest bras in existence due to poor fabric choices and colors.  Also, the seams rub my nipples raw.

That said, I still tried it on, just in case.  I'm going to say this bra runs small, because I could barely do up the strap.  The cups were also too small.  I would go up in both if it wasn't a hideous sheer bra that couldn't possibly ever compare to the gorgeous Charlotte by Affinitas' Parfait.

PROS:
  • not insanely expensive ($54)
  • available in a wide range of sizes

CONS:
  • sheer cups. Did I mention I hate sheer cups?
  • runs small
  • all the pretty colors are being discontinued in the larger sizes
  • unlined sheer cups

CONCLUSION:  I'm biased.  I hate sheer cups and could never, ever, recommend one, not even if it was made of platinum and on sale for $20.  But I guess if you ordered it bigger it might be okay.   It would probably be okay under a t shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment