Thursday, June 20, 2013

Curvy Kate Tease Me Bra

So, in my quest for new bras that fit, I decided to give Curvy Kate a second try.  Their basic bra had been close the first time I tried one, and they do offer a couple of sexier/more colorful styles.  In my quest to try a variety, I also had to try out another store, since Bravissimo's selection of Curvy Kate bras was kind of lacking.  This go round I ordered from figleaves, another UK site.  Figleaves has both a US and a UK site (which is kinda nice), and they have a shipping center stateside for returns, so you don't have to pay international shipping for returns.  Also worth noting is the fact that you can order from either site--I strongly recommend ordering from the UK site, especially if you're ordering multiple items--the price difference will more than cover your shipping and foreign transaction fees (A bra that runs $70 on the US site will run around $45 on the UK site, once you convert currencies).
Both figleaves and Bravissimo seem to be pretty good about returns--my Bravissimo return went well, and while I did exchange one of the bras I ordered from figleaves, their returns system is pretty standard as well.


Curvy Kate Tease Me Bra


I tried this one on in a 30H and a 28HH in purple and red respectively.  I thought it was pretty cute, and wasn't disappointed.  While it is a padded bra, the padding isn't insanely thick and it seemed fairly well constructed.  This style apparently runs a bit large in the band--I found the 28HH fit significantly better.

But.... (There's always a but, isn't there?)

One of the complaints I'd seen from other bloggers about this one was that it gave a "cakes on a platter" sort of look.  Most of the photos I'd seen looked fine, and I had chalked that up to the general taste for excessive lift that many large breasted girls seem to have (usually the phrase you hear is, "I don't want my boobs under my chin."  Personally, I'd rather have them under my chin than at my waist, but that's another story).  And then I tried it on--I have worn corsets that didn't serve my breasts up like that.  Cakes on a platter is an accurate description, with minimal hyperbole.  While supported, the girls did not feel at all secure, and I'm fairly sure excessive motion on my part would have launched them into space.  I also found the straps to be uncomfortably far apart (and keep in mind, I prefer wide set straps).  Instead of coming up off my boob, the straps came up across my armpits, which was neither comfortable or secure.


PROS:
--wide size selection (once you pass GG the pickings tend to get slim)
--colorful and sexy
--supportive

CONS:
--expensive (not so bad at 30 GBP, but insane at 70 USD)
--insecure
--overly wide set straps
--bands run large

No comments:

Post a Comment