Friday, May 31, 2013

Bra Review! Freya Hello Dolly

So, the next bra I tried on in this last batch was Freya's Hello Dolly, which, with it's little bubushkas printed all over it, is absolutely adorable.  I tried it on in a 30H (UK).

 
Hello Dolly! Now with more Russian dolls and less show tunes.

Unfortunately, I found that the fabric itself is not nearly as nice as it looks in the picture--in the photo it looks vaguely cottonish, but it was the same kinda nasty polyester that the Alana was made from.  Still, the print is adorable, even if the fabric wasn't super nice.  It was also unlined (strike two), and, after trying it on, I'm pretty sure that Freya manufactures Bravissimo's house brand.  It fit very much like the Alana, with too much weight going on the shoulders and that same bizarre shape.  Like the other one, it somehow lifted the girls up and in and pushing them down and out at the same time.  I also had a little overspill on the top--not a whole lot, but just enough to be noticeable, especially with the weird profile shape.  Apart from the shape, the cup did fit fairly well, but I would probably need to drop a band size for adequate support.  (seriously, what is up with my body?)


Pros:
--adorable!  If it had been supportive I would have kept it, in spite of the shape.
--average priced (if ordered from a British supplier--I've noticed there tends to be about a $15 difference between domestic pricing and British, which about covers shipping.  Something to keep in mind if you're ordering several at a time.)


Cons:
--bizarre cup shape
--band runs a little big (a 28 would probably give me sufficient support, but I don't like it enough to try)
--sleazy fabric
minimizes (might be a pro for some)
unlined (might be a pro for some)

No comments:

Post a Comment